Freitag, 31. August 2012

Semscape - Visualizing Semantic Data Landscapes with Cytoscape 3.0 (GSoC 2012)

Semscape is a cytoscape 3.0 plugin which was developed by Yigang Zhou in the Google Summer of Code 2012. The project was mentored by Andra Waagmeester, Andrea Splendiani, Helena Deus, and me. 
Semscape allows to explore RDF endpoints via SPARQL queries and graphically represents the results in Cytoscape. In contrast to existing RDF visualization solutions, Semscape not only can represent data extracted out of SPARQL endpoints, but also the underlying schema of the data. This feature makes it much easier to explore foreign endpoints, where the RDF model is unknown.

For more information see:

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hello. I am a programmer in the U.S. In this case, I am assisting my daughter in a project for an American non-profit organization. I am trying to learn how to use the Semscape plugin. In particular, I don't see:

    1) Where to upload data for the Semscape plugin.
    2) How to identify to the Cytoscape system that it should use Semscape to parse the data.

    Can you help me with either or both questions? The image links for your wiki are broken. Thank you.

    Charles

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Charles,
      I am very happy that somebody is interested in that work. Unfortunately I moved my field of research and have not worked on or even used Cytoscape or the plugin since 2012. Therefore I cannot be of any assistance. I hope you get along anyway.
      Best wishes,
      Carina

      Löschen